Monday 16 March 2009

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!!

I couldn't resist posting this picture from Christmas night at my house last year. I bought some joke thongs for Nick and our friends boyfriends who were not shy about putting them straight on and giving us a good show on my pole!

There has been plenty to celebrate recently. I lost my job 2 weeks ago and have been very worried about getting another one due to the current state of this country and the fact I have been trying to get a job, specifically in a school for the last 8 months with no luck! But last week I got a call from one of the schools I have been pursuing and have been given a Teaching Assistant position at John Kitto Community College which I start tomorrow! I have been quietly stressing but I just knew if I kept going I would get somewhere! I'm one of those people who doesn't give up and when it's what I really want I have to make it happen! I am so pleased as it means I will be better off for time and money, can give more to The Art of Dance and my own training plus, and very important I can save up and visit my sister next year during the summer holidays who is moving to Australia in July this year. (That's if Sam will let me have the time off of course!)

I was poorly on the morning I had my interview and after they told me I got the job I left and burst into tears! It has been a long time trying and worrying about losing my piercing job and getting another but it all just happened at once! I collapsed on the sofa when I got home and Sam was kind enough to cover my Wednesday night lessons and let me stay on the sofa all night! I think the stress and relief got to me as I was quite poorly for a while! But I'm back to normal now and looking forward to seeing my students this week!

I enjoyed a good meeting and pole jam with Sam and the other Instructors last Friday, the main topic of conversation was the fab BBC Three documentary which I'm sure you have all seen. I think it clearly portrayed Sam in a positive fitness light, separated her from the glamour/seedy industry and showed the extent of what she's up against! I am beaming with pride for Sam as usual and thought she was a natural on the camera as was her husband Sid whose character came across really well!

So, new job, celebrity boss and my sister's 30th birthday coming up this weekend means that life is all good at the moment and there is plenty to celebrate!!

I did a bit of celebrating on the weekend by holding a 70's birthday party for my friend Gemma. The main attraction was my pole in the middle of my living room which I turned into a little disco with UV lighting and a disco ball! Watch out for full details on my next blog including lots of pictures of half naked men loving the pole!!

Until next time fellow pole dancers!

H x x

1 comment:

sam@theartofdance.co.uk said...

Of course you casn have time of to go to Oz, x x